One mom's journey through first time motherhood.
A journal to her son, Tucker, inscribing his birth into this world, the lessons and tricks they learned along way, and what they are not telling you in the prenatal books and classes.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

the baby making story

You were born April 22, 2009 and 9:40 PM, but your story doesn't begin there...

Your father, Brian, and I were married on June 6, 2008 in Sonoma, California after dating for most of seven or so years. It wasn't long thereafter you were conceived. You were born almost 11 months from our wedding date. No confusion there, we definitely were married before we made you.

You'll hate hearing this probably until you have kids of your own, but we tried VERY hard to get pregnant the month after we were married. We were astonished when it didn't take. Somehow more busy in July, we severely toned down the baby making trying, down to where we can pinpoint when you were conceived.

Much to our surprise, in early August I learned I was pregnant while at my doctor for a normal checkup. As my appointment had already ended, they called me back from the waiting room, made me wait alone in an exam room for an unearthly amount of time, and then my doctor came in to break the news. It was the most unbelievable news ... nothing short of a miracle and completely astounding.

Your father and I were both working from home for IBM at the time, but he had for some reason decided to go into the office that day. What turned in to a quick trip to the office left me sitting at home for hours with this amazing news. It was completely unexpected, so I didn't know how to break it to him. I believe the instant he came home, I just blurted it out, standing in the kitchen with an ear to ear grin...

No comments:

Post a Comment