One mom's journey through first time motherhood.
A journal to her son, Tucker, inscribing his birth into this world, the lessons and tricks they learned along way, and what they are not telling you in the prenatal books and classes.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

day 2 - TDaP or is it Dtap?

A word of warning to first time mom's out there. If you are not current on your TDaP vaccine, you'll be asked if you want it during your hospital stay. I was unprepared to answer, but declined. I just didn't see how I could care for my baby with my current state plus the side effects of the vaccine. I was so broken down I honestly did not know if my immune system could handle it. So, yes I declined, but I intend to have it at my 6 week check up.

Of course, whether or not to get the vaccine is a personal choice. I have not found any compelling reason not to have it. I just was not prepared when presented with the choice. Do your research before you go to the hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment